The inaugural round of bacta awards will be presented at the annual parliamentary reception on Wednesday 23 November. Nominations open on Wednesday 12 October, 10:00, running until 17:00 on Friday 4 November.
In preparation for the reception, we will be inviting along the MPs of the shortlisted nominees to attend on the day. Please let us know if you would not like us to write to your MP on your behalf should your nomination be shortlisted.
We will also be inviting journalists and local press along to cover the reception. Please let us know if you would not be willing to speak to them. Our media specialists will be on hand to advise you if needed.
For any further information please contact John.White@bacta.org.uk
Award Categories Descriptions
- High Street Hero: This award celebrates the outstanding staff members working in AGCs, High Street Bingo or inland FECs that have gone beyond the call of duty either at work or through their community engagement (which we would weigh more highly).
- Seaside Saviour: This award celebrates the outstanding staff members working in FECs at the seaside that have gone beyond the call of duty either at work or through their community engagement (which we would weigh more highly).
- Supply Chain Champion: This award celebrates the outstanding staff working in the supply chain and who play a vital role in helping to deliver fun and entertainment to communities across the country.
- Jimmy Thomas Rising Star Award: This award aims to find the best and brightest young members (under 30) in the industry shining a light on the future leaders of the industry.
- Green Giants: This award aims to find the individual or business that has shown an outstanding commitment to reducing their carbon footprint and promoting sustainability in the workplace
Entries will be judged in line with the following criteria:
- Creativity: How the nominee has adopted a creative approach to their job (for example, looking at creative new solutions to everyday challenges in the workplace?)
- Upholding bacta’s values: How has this nominee upheld bacta’s core values (ethical, sustainable, modern, professional, partnering and open and transparent) in the workplace.
- Commitment to customer wellbeing: How has this nominee gone above and beyond to ensure that customer wellbeing is at the heart of their work (for example helping a customer who may be showing signs of problem gambling)?
- Team player: How has this nominee supported their colleagues in the place of work (for example offering to cover extra shifts, being a friendly and helpful face in the workplace)?
- Community spirit: How has this nominee worked to support their wider community through getting involved in activities such as mentoring, volunteering and fundraising for local causes?