11th May 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE STOP PRESS
The Government has just issued guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic. Key guides are highlighted below.
These 8 guides cover a range of different types of work. I have highlighted the relevant guides in yellow. Many of you will operate more than one type of workplace, such as an office, factory, as well as an arcade. You may need to use more than one of these guides when considering their application to your business. They are consistent with our reopening plan but clearly are applicable to all members.
- Construction and other outdoor work Guidance for people who work in or run outdoor working environments.
- Factories, plants and warehouses Guidance for people who work in or run factories, plants and warehouses.
- Homes Guidance for people working in, visiting or delivering to home environments as well as their employers.
- Labs and research facilities Guidance for people who work in or run indoor labs and research facilities and similar environments.
- Offices and contact centres Guidance for people who work in or run offices, contact centres and similar indoor environments.
- Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery Guidance for people who work in or run restaurants offering takeaway or delivery services.
- Shops and branches Guidance for people who work in or run shops, branches, stores or similar environments.
- Vehicles Guidance for people who work in or from vehicles, including couriers, mobile workers, lorry drivers, on-site transit and work vehicles, field forces and similar.