bacta Charitable Trust
What is the Charitable Trust?
The bacta Charitable Trust was formed in 1990. It raises and distributes funds for good causes as defined by its Trust Deed and on behalf of its sister organisation bacta.
The Charitable Trust appoints one long term charity to work with for 2-3 years. We are currently working our charity partner, Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity, whose key role is to help raise funds to grant wishes for some of the most deserving young people in the UK.
bacta's previous partnership was with Macmillan Cancer Support, which provides advice and support for people living with cancer, their families and carers. During our time working with Macmillan, we were delighted to have raised the sum of £116,973.60 towards this very worthwhile charity.
How Does the Charitable Trust Operate?
- Provides significant longer term support (usually 2 to 3 years) to a specific project or charity.
- Makes one off donations to worthy causes. Unfortunately, in the current economic climate, we are unable to support applications from individuals. Where possible, the Trust will purchase items for use by a recipient charity or its benefactors rather than contribute to its general funds.
- Encourage the bacta regions to raise funds for local charities in partnership with the Trust.
- Maximise publicity, including (where appropriate) contacts with opinion formers for its work, in order to provide a positive counter to the prevalent negative images surrounding the industry. In particular, to demonstrate a professional industry with a caring attitude to society.
- Increase its fundraising efforts through bacta's social committee and its own projects, whilst maintaining high profile publicity for its work.
Can I Receive Funding from the bacta Charitable Trust?
bacta are in a 3 year partnership with Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity, so unfortunately no other financial donations can be made at this time.
What do Rays of Sunshine do?
Rays of Sunshine bring hope and happiness to seriously ill children in the UK aged 3-18 by granting wishes and entertaining hundreds of hospital children.
The charity granted its first wish in 2004. bacta members help raise money to grant these wishes and raise awareness of the important work of Rays of Sunshine Children's charity.
bacta and Rays of Sunshine Have Come Together to:
- Promote the work of Rays of Sunshine.
- Support children and hospitals in your local community.
- Raise vital funds to sponsor wishes and hospital ward wishes.
Why Get Involved?
There are so many reasons for bacta members to get involved with Rays of Sunshine.
bacta members are placed in the heart of the community and by supporting Rays of Sunshine we are supporting children and families in our own communities.
- This positive impact on our local and wider communities gives bacta members an opportunity to talk to national and local press, local decision makers such as MPs and Councillors and also national regulators about our commitment to the community.
- We can use our premises to display promotional material about the work of Rays of Sunshine to reach families who may require their services and spread the word in the local community about the amazing work they do.
There are currently over 20,000 children in the UK living with a serious or life limiting illness. Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity believe that every one of these children deserve the chance to put their illness on hold for a short while and experience the magic of doing something they have previously only ever dreamed of.
Here is Where the Money We Raise Could Go:
Every penny raised by bacta members will be used to add a touch of magic to the life of a seriously ill child:
- £250 could buy a portable games console with games to keep a child occupied during their long hospital stays.
- £500 could allow a child and their family to be driven by a limousine to see a musical in London's West End, where they would go backstage and meet the cast before enjoying a meal.
- £1,000 could fund a wish for a hospital ward such as an outing to a local theme park or a new plasma television.
- £2,500 could allow us to take two seriously ill children and their families to visit Alton Towers and stay in their Splash Landings hotel with two days' worth of park passes (all expenses paid).
- £5,000 could allow two seriously ill children and their families to go on a fantastic three night holiday to Disneyland Paris (with all expenses paid). Every aspect of the trip is arranged and paid for by the charity from the critical health insurance to airport transfers as well as any special assistance that they may require.
- £10,000 could allow Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity to take two seriously ill children and their families to Florida to stay at the amazing Give Kids the World resort and visit all the theme parks. Every aspect of the trip is arranged and paid for by the charity from the critical health insurance to airport transfers as well as arranging any special assistance that they may require. You will also become a Rays of Sunshine Godparent for 12 months.
The key contact for Rays of Sunshine is:
Events and Fundraising Manager
Rays of Sunshine
No 1 Olympic Way
Tel: 020 8782 1171
The bacta Charitable Trust contact is:
29-30 Ely Place
Please note, each bacta region is responsible for its own fundraising and controls its own activities and which charities benefit from the raised funds.
For more information, please contact Pru Kemball at firstname.lastname@example.org
© bacta 2017 | Website design and hosting by